Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Nate Backpacked Crow Pass, 26 miles!

Where's Nate?

Nate is loving Alaska, he went on an amazing 26 mile camp out with the scouts in our ward. The hiked Crow pass. They start in a town called Girdwood and then hike through Crow Pass back to Eagle River. They camped two nights, crossed snow fields, a river at the bottom of the glacier, FREEZING, and made it! Everyone was in charge of their on meals, tents, and gear. The boys divided a tent between them. They all had a great time. Nate is planning to do the hike again with a couple leaders and boys next weekend, this time they will do the entire hike in a day.

3 comments:

Woods said...

What? You're amazing!! I would never be able to do that!! The view is gorgeous.

Ortons said...

I just think that crazy, good for you Nate. I think I could do it in like a week maybe. It must have been amazing to want to try it again in a day. Good Luck, love you guys.

Burke family said...

That sounds so fun! Way to go Nate!